Maurices Bbq

Recent Reviews for Maurices Bbq
March 11, 2006
Harry S.
Rancho Cucamonga , California
I grew up on this stuff. I still love it. I hate to give my money to someone who is going to use it against my values. I don't know what to do because there is no substitute.
March 15, 2005
I've been a big fan of Maurcie's BBQ sauce for about 15 years. I used to buy it in a speciality sauce shop in Little Rock, Arkansas. I was very excited when I finally had the chance to try the restaurant. I was very impressed. Great BBQ! I know some people don't agree with his politics, but what can I say, its the south.
October 29, 2004
John S.
Greenville , South Carolina
I like a sweet Barbeque and this place is great if you are into vinegar or mustard base Barbeque. The sides are really good. The french fries seemed to be fresh not frozen. The hush puppies melt in your mouth when hot.
May 6, 2004
Happy G.
Charlotte , North Carolina
I have never personally eaten here, although it is a well-known place in Columbia. But FYI, Maurice loves the Confederate flag and is proud to show his rebel pride or whatever. I do not agree with that.
April 9, 2004
Robert C.
Sumter , South Carolina
BBQ is very good , the sauce is real good . Mustard based sauces can sometimes be to spicey but Maurices is quite good. Love the sandwiches
February 3, 2004
Brad B.
Columbia , South Carolina
The que is very tasty and the portions are large but it is pricey for lunch. A BBQ Dinner is going to run around $10 after you get a drink. It's worth it when you get that craving, because Maurice may be crazy but he can cook some good BBQ. Great hash and rice too.
January 10, 2004
Johnnie M.
gilbert , South Carolina
I eat here only when friends prefer that we dine here. The food is great but very pricey for what you get. I have no problem with his flag stance, thats his perogitive. HE DOES HAVE THE VERY BEST ONION RINGS EVER! GREASY BUT GOOD! You will enjoy if you do not mind the price.
January 5, 2004
K M.
Fayetteville , North Carolina
If you like sweet mustard based bbq, then this is the place for you. I grew up on this stuff so i may be a little bit biased but piggy park is awesome. A little joe hits the spot.
September 27, 2003
Timothy P.
Columbia , South Carolina
Bar-b-que is difficult to screw up. It isn't fine dining by any stretch so if you are looking to get your fingers dirty and the front of your shirt messy, this is the place for you. With selections seemingly all over Columbia, there will be ample opportunity for you to feed your need. A word of warning, the sauce is mustard based, which may be an entirely new experience for the uninitiated.....and of course, no review would be complete without mentioning the absolute PHENOMENON of Maurice's blatant racism. Beyond flying the confederate flag like he personally fought the war, Maurice sells tracks and books in the "heritage" section of his stores which are only one hood short of a cross-burning. Visitors from the north routinely take pictures of his stores and send them back above the Mason-Dixon as evidence to family that yes, ignorance and stupidity like this really DOES exist. There is a fine line between veneration of cultural heritage and hatin ... more
September 4, 2003
Joey P.
West Columbia , South Carolina
Great Bar-B-Que and suprisingly good burgers as well. All the food is top quality and well worth the effort. If you are interested in the food and not the political stand of the owner you will love it...if you are that offended by his stance then you might want to try something else.