The Whale & Ale

Recent Reviews for The Whale & Ale
June 2, 2007
B W.
California
They have a european pub atmosphere. The ribs are great! A good place to have a drink and dine.
March 25, 2007
Angel G.
Watertown , New York
June 2, 2005
We love this restaurant. We have arranged to have club meetings there and had our son's rehearsal dinner there. They are very accomodating in every respect. The food is excellent and the portions are appropriate. We occasionally get their very special Brie Mashed potatoes- a real favorite. The ambience is elegant, yet comfortable. We enjoy the live music they have there especially Rob at the piano. Andrew and his wife are excellent hosts.
June 2, 2005
I love the Whale and Ale, It is a place that I can get an affordable meal that has the highest quality of food. The service and smployees are inviting and make each visit feel like at home, its kind of my own "Cheers" type of place. Both lunch and dinners are excellent. I love their house dressing and the prime rib cant be beat..
June 2, 2005
I live in San Pedro and The Whale & Ale is one of my favorite restaurants to dine at. It's nice to know that I do not have to go out of town to enjoy a nice meal. I've had dinner numerous times at this great restaurant. The menu is quite extensive so there's something for everyone. The house dressing on their salad is terrific. I LOVE the ambience of this restaurant. When it's cold outside having a table by the fireplace is my favorite place to be. The owner, Andrew, is very pleasant and always comes around to the tables to greet his customers. He wants to make sure that everything is to your satisfaction. If you've never been to The Whale & Ale give it a try. I know you won't be disappointed.
June 1, 2005
We love The Whale & Ale! It's the first place we think of when we want a "special" dinner. The ambiance is great, the food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. It's worth a trip just to experience their house salad, a true jewel! Join the email club and reap the benefits! We've tried several entrees on the menu and always seem to come back to the filet mignon with bleu cheese sauce, a spectacular dish.
June 1, 2005
Wow! What a fabulous Brittish Pub! I thought I was transported to London. The Guiness on tap is perfection and the food is wonderful. Check out their house tomato-basil salad dressing - very fresh. Worth the drive to San Pedro.
June 1, 2005
The Whale & Ale does something most theme restaurants have a hard time achieving - consistenly good food! Based on the traditional British pub, W&A goes far beyond that. Its far more than a bar that sells beer and hangs a dartboard. It has a gourmet menu ( yes British cuisine is no longer an oxymoron!), a fine selection of beers and wines, and great ambience. Its front dining room is just that - a great place to eat and talk. The bar, however, is my favorite. When there's entertainment - and that occurs several nights a week - its a tad noisy - but what lovely noise. Some nights its jazz, others blues, yet others standards. All are fun, and eating in the bar makes for a memorable and quite inexpensive evening. My favorite dish is the Shepherd's Pie, but when I feel like meat - nothing beats the prime rib. Best bargain? A combination dinner and ticket for the neighboring Little Fish playhouse.
June 1, 2005
Food was great, English traditionals with an American flare. The variety of English beers & ales was sufficent to quell one's curiosity. The live music (which there is no cover charge for) was excellent on the night we were there. There are also nearby art galleries and small stores to visit prior to or following dining.
June 1, 2005
The Whale and Ale is a wonder! The place it self is just so Nice, the atmosphere makes you feel so Comfortable, the food is Excellent!!!! and the staff is so kind, Very Good beer too!! and the Bar is so friendly, when they play live music, I like Thursdays is so great to be there! I had take all my friends to that place and also we had a Birthday Party. GO!!! you will love it I assure you!!