China Cottage

Recent Reviews for China Cottage
March 4, 2008
Nirmala H.
Centerville , Ohio
For the last 2 years, on our family birthdays we order multiple dishes from China Cottage restaurants - Centerville or Springboro locations, pickup and celebrate at our Mother's assited living. So far everyone enjoyed their meals, except for yesterday (3/3/08) when we ordered from the Centerville location. We ordered 10 dishes, plus spring rolls and steam rice. Not sure if the chef was having a bad cooking day, BUT 5 (3 spicy dishes - Chicken Lo-Mein, Combination Lo-Mein, and Mala Green Beans with Pork ... tons of red pepper, to the extent all we tasted was pepper and not the flavor of the dishes; Moo Goo Gai Pan - mushy vegetables; and Sesame chicken ... overdone!) out of 10 dishes were not cooked to normal/edible standards. Spent $103.00! Later when we got home, we called to talk to the restaurant manager. She said (1) Moo Goo Gai Pan mushy veggies were because we did not eat the dish within 20 minutes of being cooked, but 30 mins later, and since dishes are cooked at high heat, ... more
May 7, 2007
Scott B.
Kettering , Ohio
555 reviews , 3 photos
The best Hot and Sour soup in Dayton, certainly the hottest. The same goes for the fried rice in terms of quality. Great menu, with each dish being loaded with flavor.
February 17, 2007
I've eaten Chinese in every major city in America and China Cottage consistently serves the best Chinese cuisine in the Midwest. I'm concerened a little that this location has been closed for "remodeling" for going on 9 months. I sincerely hope they don't tamper with the beautiful, traditional look of the restaurant. Can't wait to get back in there and enjoy their great food and great service. It's the one place I make sure to take visitorsto eat when they come to Dayton.
July 26, 2005
George M.
cincinnati , Ohio
Reasonably priced, very fresh food. Cooked to perfection, anything chinese that you could ask for an even some sushi. Great egg rolls, try them.
February 19, 2004
JOE S.
CINCINNATI , Ohio
A very Chinese, Chinese restaurant. The portions are nice and th waitstaff is attentive. All the traditional favorites are served. You will not go wrong with a meal here.
July 28, 2000
Elliott M.
dayton , Ohio
Great authentic oriental food. Huge portions. nice friendly atmosphere. One of the best oriental restaurants around.
April 23, 2000
Karla D.
Centerville , Ohio
Every time I eat at this restaurant it makes my day. They have the best of everything, from appetizers to main entrees. Their creamy chicken soup is heavenly, they also have some of the best servers I known. This restaurant is a must for everyone who loves Chinese.