Hawaiian Drive Inn. #28

Recent Reviews for Hawaiian Drive Inn. #28
July 7, 2004
Megan N.
Santa Cruz , California
Hawaiian Drive In has very good food relative to the price. It's very cheap and every time I'm in the neighborhood I have to stop by and get the chicken katsu or kalbi ribs. The chicken katsu is a little dry, but I ask for extra sauce (which is excellent). The macaroni salad is heavy on mayonaise (which is just like hawaiian mac salad). It's not the best food, but it's very good portions and good quality for such a low price.
April 12, 2002
I was so excited to see this place unfortunately, when I went in I was VERY DISAPPOINTED to find out there is hardly any Hawaiian food on the menu. What was there wasn't that great. My visiting family from Maui thought this place was a joke.
June 27, 2000
John H.
San Jose , California
I work with two people who have recently relocated from Kihei and they LOVE this place. I normally get the Combo with BBQ Chicken and Chicken Katsu. Other then putting weight on you fast, I don't have any problems with the food. The restraunt looks kind of shoved into a little knock of a place and the people are pretty friendly and remember you quickly.
December 26, 1999
I found this restaurant to be good - I love their short ribs (kalbi)!
December 16, 1999
I don't have any idea where they came up with the idea that their menu is Hawaiian, but it's not. On top of that, the quality of meat was just horrible! I don't believe it's that difficult to make a macaroni salad, so their salad wasn't all that bad with the rice. The lau lau, on the other hand, was nothing but a mouthful of tea leaves and fat! I wouldn't really bother with the few Hawaiian dishes they have, but the other food isn't bad. At least they have Kim Chee!