Suraj

Redwood City, CA

Category: Indian

Recent Reviews for Suraj
November 26, 2004
I had been here 3 times before a couple years ago and always liked the food, atmosphere, and service. Forgot about the place till now and met my mom there for lunch today. Having no idea they only had buffet or nothing! I have been to numerous restaurants in my life that were serving buffet, but ALWAYS have had the menu option as well, but not this place. All they had was buffet so we either ate it or left. We went up to see if there was anything worth trying and since the place had opened about 15 min after we got there we at least (thought) we knew everything would be fresh. I despise buffets because stuff is usually cold or room temp and you get less selection and this was no different. Even though they just opened the food had either been sitting out for an hour beforehand or they didn't put it out hot in the first place. The dishes w/ sauces were hot, but the nan and appetizers were cold. The pakora which is deep fried needs to be fresh and hot or else it's ... more
July 29, 2000
Nitin S.
Sunnyvale , California
We had dinner here and found the food average. They made it too sour for my liking. Service was slow. Ambience is good and the sourroundings look authentic Indian. Price is a little higher than other Indian restaurants in the area.
December 4, 1999
Paramount T.
Good variety on the buffet. Good sweets. There's beer on the friday buffet.
November 15, 1999
Jeff Z.
We have tried almost all of the Indian Restaurants in the area, but Suraj is the best. The quality of the food is excellent, and the selection is great. The daily lunch buffet is quite tasty. If you haven't tried it, try it. You'll go back again like we have!
August 12, 1998
I've enjoed Suraj's buffet a couple times and was very impressed with both the selection and the quality of the food. Tons of tasty vegetarian and carnivore entrees. It's cheap (around $7) and includes drinks and deserts, unlike most curry houses.