Pastaria & Market

Los Gatos, CA

Category: Italian

Recent Reviews for Pastaria & Market
August 27, 2005
The best pasta restaurant around. The vodka mostacciolli and angel hair pomodoro are great especially if it's your first time eating at this restaurant. Take out from the Pastaria is equally satisfying. The salads are yummy and the bread is always fresh and toasty. If you crave pasta, get your butt to the Pastaria.
May 1, 2005
Tim M.
Los Gatos , California
Dinner for two of entree special, wine (by glass), tax & tip, consistently runs in $50-$60 range for us.
March 30, 2003
Ken C.
San Jose , California
One of the best Italian restaurants in the bay area and at very low reasonable prices. Services was very prompt and friendly. This is a small family type restaurant and reservations are recommended. I had the Fettuccini Alfredo which was the best I've ever had. My companion had one of the eveining specials which was liguine with sea food in a white sauce. We both loved that also. We each had soups which were above average. We also selected both choices of dessert and were very pleased we did. This restaurant will be my number one destination when I have a yen for Italian food.
May 14, 2001
Bart B.
Charlottesville , Virginia
Just had a most enjoyable here with a friend. The fresh pasta is excellent and the bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar is a great way to start the meal. The ambiance is very "cafe" and not very "high end restaurant" but the experience is all good.
January 11, 2001
i love this restaraunt!! hehe, the food is great... and the service is awesome... i'd definately recommend it!!
July 21, 2000
I hate telling anyone about this restaurant. I believe it's the best South of San Francisco and competes there, too. I love their sauces and freshness of all the food. The owner makes the sauces and spends time there, too. Sadly, it has become popular, especially with locals, and it can be a bit busy on weekends without reservations. But, it's worth the wait. I have had many meals at Paolo's, Vallariano's and even Dal Baffo in Menlo, and others, but the food quality is much better here. It is small and quaint, but with it's own ambience. The owner is also very personable and always accomodating. It is actually a touch of the small restaurant in Italy. My favorite is always a penne pasta with a cream sauce that has sausage in it.(???) The salads and hot bread make it all nice. Bon Apetite!
January 19, 1998
Fantastic fresh pasta, a good and extensice winelist, great salads, friendly staff and service that makes you feel like you're at home but didn't have to cook! Try the Arribatta and the David Bruce Pinto Noir. Get there early as it fills up and they close at 9 weekdays and 9:30 Fri and Sat. Look for the locally famous mural on the side wall where it looks like a woman is peering into a recently opened Egyptian tomb!