Stacks

Redwood City, CA

Category: Breakfast

Recent Reviews for Stacks
September 24, 2005
Very surpirsed at the positive reviews!!! Went here because of them and my mom and I were greatly dissappointed. Got seated right away because we were willign to sit outside. I ordered oj, chocolate divine waffle, Jiter bug smoothie (vanilla banana w/ a dash of espresso) and a side of hash browns. My mom ordered a spanish style omelete house & a house coffee. My waffle was very average tasting. Had chocolate chps throughout, but didn't taste liek much. My hash browns were not hash browns but instead the kind that are just semi-mashed and fried on one side to make thm hard. My moms omelet was a tad better then my waffle luckily. The beverages we ordered were the worst tasting beverages we have even consistently had in one dining experience! My OJ tasted how a freshly painted room smells, my smoothie had no distinct flavor and over all tasted like stale weak coffee. My moms house coffee was so nasty she said that she couldn't drink it and ordered a latte i ... more
September 5, 2005
Great Place to have eat! I take my family here on the weekends, excellent service. I work at a hotel and I recommend Stacks to all my guest who wants to sit down to great breakfast!
February 13, 2002
DOUG M.
BELMONT , California
Stack's is a great place for an all American breakfast or lunch. Well priced, however after 9:00 a.m. expect a wait in line.
June 10, 2000
Jerry O.
This is not only a very good place for breakfast (Much better that IHOP or Dennys!) but they have a good lunch menu. The vinegaraite salad served with the sandwiches is very tasty and different, as are the potatoes. The sandwiches are generous and tasty. Expect a line at lunch time or prime breakfast time (There can't be that many people with no taste waiting for the same food). If you go before or after the lunch rush you'll do ok. Be aware they close at 2:30 p.m.
August 9, 1999
Ike K.
Been there several times as well as the one in Burlingame.It's always crowded with lines running around the block.I just can't figure out why! Food is nothing special.Ditto for the service.Then I realized, there just ain't anything better for breakfaston the peninsula, unless you go to IHop or Denny's or Good Earth or whatever other chain.Stacks is just plain ordinary. It's not like going to The Stove in Mammoth or the original Original Pancake House in Anaheim which can both be religeous experiences for true breakfast afficianados!I've heard that Buck's in Woodside is great for breakfast, but I've not been there yet, and am skeptical since everyone else who's recommended breakfast places have raved about Stack's, and you've already read what I think of that place.
September 17, 1997
Kevin O.
Have been twice since Stacks opened their second location here in Redwood City. (the original Statcks is in Burlingame) It's previous incarnation was the Golden West Pancake restaurant, and this is a marvelous transformation. The food is just great and as the name implies, Stacks does pancakes well. These are the as-big-as-your-plate kind, and stacked three high on an order. Other breakfast foods abound, all is fresh and the nice presentation is a plus. Service suffers a bit on the weekends as it is a thoroughly busy place. They have sidewalk seating and free coffee while you wait for your table. If you're in a party of more than four, I'd suggest calling ahead. It's my new favorite place for Sunday Brunch now. Last visit was a party of eight, and the total cost including tip was under $80, try that one of those brunch buffet places.