Gulliver's of San Francisco

May 6, 2005
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
I don't totally agree with the other reviewers so far. The restaurant is a tad over priced, but we have always had pretty good food here, not excellent though compared to some other steak/prime rib restaurants. It reminds me a bit of Lawry's in Los Angeles, but it cannot compared. I think the thing that draws us back is the creamed corn which is their speciality. There is always a piano player, which is a nice touch. I don't know that I'd recommend it highly, but it is close to the SF Airport and a good place to take clients. The noise level is low so you can talk, which, near the airport it's hard to find a place like that.
June 24, 2004
William F.
Rancho Cucamonga , California
116 reviews , 1 photo
Great ambiance, all English, with costumed "serving wenches", but it was too crowded with tables for my taste. The food was average, and a lot overpriced. Everything is ala carte. I think the place is designed for business travelers on an expense account(it's in a hotel area next to the SFO Airport), and a very liberal expense account at that. A lot of business conversation going on all around. Full bar separate from the dining area. Not my "cup of tea." I would not go back.
May 11, 1999
William C.
The food here is fair at best. It proclaims itself to be a houseof good beef, but the food that is served does not even come closeto living up to the claim. Heavens, even the horseradish tastedstale. I've been 3 times to check it out for reviewing. I won't be back -- ever.
August 27, 1997