Farallon

Recent Reviews for Farallon
February 18, 2009
Isuara D.
Bay Area , California
We have for drinks, dinner and lunch. If it is open for lunch it is more relax ambience. At night time the place is loud and we have felt rush. The food is quite good so it is worth money spent.
April 24, 2006
Deb L.
Sunnyvale , California
The restaurant is uniquely decorated with some spectacular light fixtures. Overall, the food is good, but a bit pricy. I had the sole with the braised beef shanks, which really were too meaty for the delicate sole. There was a pea sauce..an odd combination.
January 6, 2006
In spite of the "over the top" decor by Pat Kuleto (or maybe enhanced by it) this destination restaurant pretty regularly delivers. The seafood, of course, really shines and the appetizers get the evening started off in the right direction.
October 4, 2005
Excellent. Online reservations went smoothely, and they were accomodating. (Ask to be seated as far back as possible). The show is good, and (as I'm under 21) it is easy to get away at 60 dollars a head for an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I raise my glass to this place.
November 17, 2003
S J.
Gave it two tries..not willing to go for a third. The interior is worth seeing, but that is about it. My suggestion...have a drink at the bar..eat elsewhere. Seafood was ok. Not what I thought a place known for seafood would serve. We had fish, but I can't even remember what we had. Friends have tried it and loved it...must not be consistent.
March 25, 2002
great seafood. pricey, but really good. every dish i've had there is excellent. great bartender too!
July 26, 2001
After leaving Farallon, my friends and I all agreed that it was overrated and way too expensive. I was hard pressed to find an appetizer under $10, and ended up with a tiny bowl of not-very-good lobster bisque with an overdone chunk of bread floating in the middle. I decided to splurge and get the lobster, since there was no entree less than $28 on the menu anyway. It was fine. It's hard to mess up lobster. But still nothing special. After tasting the other two appetizers and entrees my friends got (including the disappointing lamb and soggy soft-shell crab), I concluded that this was nothing special at all. Definitely not worth $90 a head. Yes, the decor is nice. But we were seated right by the bar, in a non-descript booth from which we couldn't see any of the underwater decorations. The bottom line: there are way too many good restaurants in SF to go and pay $90 per person for mediocre seafood. Avoid they hype.
October 25, 2000
I think Farallon is overrated. The decor was "beautiful" -- well, at least "interesting", somewhat gaudy. Service was top notch. The food was presented artistically as I would expect for the price. But I can't say that any of the 5 of us at our table had anything to rave about. We all politely said it was good, all the while wondering if it was really worth $100 per head.
May 8, 2000
Anna C.
san fracisco , California
Another victory for Pat Kuleto! Farallon has joined many other successes such as Boulevard, Jardiniere, and Kuleto's. The food is amazing and the decor is breathtaking. This is one of those places where you just have to try. It is expensie but it's worth the money. It's one of those places where I like to reserve for specail occasions.
April 17, 2000
Paul V.
***FABUUU*** This is it!!! The most Breath Taking interior to come along since Boulevard. Be seated in the back groto area of the place. Go Prepared, Fast for days prior, take out a second mortgage on your house and prepare to indulge your senses. This is an event not a meal. The visual stimulus will dazzle you. The presentation on the plates will tempt you. The options in wine will thrill you and the service will be wonderful, unless you get our waiter who preferred to argue over the wine we were choosing, than to defer to the Wine Stewart who was masterful at defusing the situation and providing us with a wonderful bottle to start with. Regardless of the waiter's arrogant stupidity, (it cost him) We had a Fabulous Dining Experience. Our Group were all close friends so we all ordered entirely different plates and we all sampled and grazed across the table. Be sure to take the Gold card. At the end of dinner our average cost per person was $227. Expensive but wor ... more