Elephant Bar

May 4, 2005
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
This is a great restaurant to take people just getting in from somewhere else...it's close to the airport, you can get just about anything you want to eat, and it's not that expensive. The downside is that the wait is always horrendous, day or night, doesn't matter, and the service sometimes is not that great. The food is ok, not superb, not bad, just not exceptional, but you won't go away hungry and you won't have spent a fortune! I've been many times for lunch and dinner, the menu is the same all the time. Lots of choices, a very large bar and very noisy.
August 30, 2004
Gianni F.
san francisco , California
been there with the co workers great mix of food lots of fun big plates friendly and cute staff prices are average nice location and suprisingly no a long wait go and enjoy
February 28, 2001
Ya know Robyn, a good place usually has a wait. No reservation? Sorry babe...try having a drink at the bar where the girl bartenders are babes! OR maybe you wouldn't appreciate that since you didn't appreciate the restaurant in general. A fun place like that doesn't need a fud like you!
February 28, 2001
m20415
lynn , Massachusetts
Hey Robyn (1st critic). A good place usually has a wait. No reservations? Have a drink at the bar where the girl bartenders are totally hot! But, you probably wouldn't have appreciated it since you couldn't appreciate the EBAR in the first place. A fun place like this is no place for a fud like you!
June 13, 2000
Robyn G.
I was not very pleased with this restaurant. To start with, the wait is ridiculous and the waiting room small. They would not let me make reservations, so I was forced to wait an hour to be seated. I would not have gone had I not received a gift certificate for this place as a gift. The service was awful, even for a busy place. The server was rude and pretty much dropped our food and abandoned us. She also got the order wrong. I have heard from others that they have had the same experience with the service. The food was blah and not cheap for this type of restaraunt. I would not go again! Thanks! Robyn
May 17, 2000
Then first time i went it was great. the wait was long but it's worth it. the food is great. you can tell that it's a good restraunt because it's always crowded....
January 10, 1998
Nelson W.
A view of the Bay and planes landing is not all you'll see from the Elephant Bar Restaurant. This restaurant is a place where adults and children alike can have fun in the jungle theme. Waitpeople are dressed in khaki's to enhance the theme. Food is a combination of Asian and American. Try to E-Bar sampler for appetizer (buffalo wings, zucchini sticks and fried shrimps). Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is fun. Reservations for small parties are not accepted so be prepared to wait on busy nights.
May 29, 1997
First time I went there was a 50 minute wait so I left. Next time I went my wife and I got seated right away, but the service was like we would have expected out of a busy restaurant, not one that was lightly populated. I had the Super Sampler appetizer (lots of great food but I substituted Fried Cheese for the Zucchini Sticks). For the main course I had the Chicken Tender Platter. Very well cooked with a tasty Honey Mustard sauce. This restuarant is part of a chain from Southern California - I will go back again for the food was great and the view overlooking the bay not too bad either.