Max's of the Philippines

May 30, 2014
leedyan
Kawit , Cavite
3 reviews , 1 photo
The ambience is wonderful and the staff are attentive and courteous. But it is the food that makes me return again and again
April 23, 2014
mcconfesor
Quezon City , Quezon
one of the few filipino restaurants being consistent with the quality of their food and service.
January 8, 2014
Dominick Maria A G.
Manila , Manila
1 review , 2 photos
They serve one of the best tasting chicken in the Philippines! A must try!
January 20, 2005
The combination of adobo, egg and fried rice realy makes a mouthwatering delight, the noodle is authenticly original, the desserts are out of this world.
July 12, 2004
Melissa S.
Beverly Hills , California
Extremely nice staff and very tasty food. Very authentic atmosphere. You will defninetly enjoy yourself here. I would particuarly recommend the meat filled egg rolls. They really out do the thick cabbage filled chinese egg roll that you are probably most used to.
May 6, 2004
This is my fave filipino restaurant, that my family and I have been a regular. For every bday celebration Max is the place to be. The prices are affordable, and for someone like us who always come w/ big party --they have a family package thing special, and all their specials are part of it. So it's not like you'll be forced to eat something you don't like just to save up. The ambiance is great--relaxing, and very clean --the best I've seen for a filipino restaurant. The service is great as well, very courteous and polite!! I recommend you guys try their LAING -- it soooo good, especially if ur into spicy food. And for everything else, delicious!!
October 25, 2000
What a delightful family restaurant! I wasn't sure I would like Filipino food but this was so good that it has become a regular (monthly) place to visit. The house-special fried chicken is the best fried chicken I have ever had of any style -- not at all greasy, and yet falls right off the bone. (Maybe they pressure cook it first??) You must also try the fresh mango juice or shake. This is a very popular, clean and bright place where you can eat well for little money. Portions are fairly large. There's almost always a 30-to-45 minute wait during prime dinner hour, so go early to beat the crowd.
December 11, 1997
I've always been pretty wary of going to new Filipino restaurants beacause what I usually encounter in fact is more of a cafeteria than a proper restaurant, but after going to Max's a few time I'm pretty much over my phobia,although it would be pretty hard to find a Filipino restaurant better than this. Max's presents very good authentic Filipino food, with a very service oriented staff, they are always helpful and friendly. The food is well presented, fresh looking and very flavorful, I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to get a really good introduction to Filipino cuisine,or for any one who needs a taste of food from "back home" but get there before the dinner rush and be prepared to wait a while, as they don't accept reservations.
May 16, 1997
First of all I just want to say that I'm just a customer, I don't know the owner from Adam. The food is great, comparable to any Filipino restaurants that have been around for a while. The atmosphere is nice, quiet and elegant. It doesn't have that fast food stuff (stryfoam cups, plastic utils, etc.), rather, they use proper plates and silverware. The people are nice, fast and corteous. the average entree is around $7.00 the menu is well described(no suprises!). I really liked their crispy chicken entree, IT IS TO DIE FOR! It's a great place for people who wants authenthic Filipino food.