Hong Kong Flower Lounge Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Hong Kong Flower Lounge Restaurant
January 15, 2010
Elizabeth S.
Oakland , California
I love the variety and quality of dim sum at this restaurant! I am Caucasian but I have been in love with dim sum for over 30 years and have tried just about all the good ones in the greater Bay Area. Yes the service leaves something to be desired; however last time I went, the maitre d' offered insight into several dishes and even allowed me to try a black lotus seed bisque for free. You can find traditional dishes and nouveau creations both. I find Ton Kiang on Geary St. in San Francisco to be slightly high quality but very close (and their service leaves something to be desired as well). It can get a bit pricy, but if you stay away from the speciality dishes carried around by hand under the domed plated lids, you can get fairly full for $30 - $40 and try quite a few plates as well. The quality is evidenced by the number of diners who choose this restaurant every weekend - mostly Asian.
April 19, 2002
K K.
San Francisco , California
Very popular restaurant for dim sum. Go early on the weekend, otherwise, you'll wait in line for a long time. I like this restaurant rather than the larger restaurant in Millbrae since there's lot of parking and not as busy in the restaurant.
February 5, 1998
Jason D.
After looking at this grand restaurant for several years, I finally decided to try it. The decor is elegant and the staff is attentive. I was lucky to have a Chinese speaking friend with me, so we were able to order from the Chinese menu. We had a savory seafood clay pot, chicken with green beans, and prawns in garlic sauce with steamed rice, of course. Everything was great, and we were entertained by a group in a large room next to us singing Chinese songs. The only bad thing about this restaurant is bill. Hong Kong Flower Lounge is quite a bit more expensive than most other Chinese restaurants. Dinner for two with tax and tip came out to $55. Outside of this, I have no complaints. Enjoy!
April 17, 1997
Justin D.
Great Dim Sum lunch, on par with Fook Yuen just south down El Camino. Dim Sum is ordered off a card and made to order for each table. Better food than the new Flower Lounge on the corner of Millbrae Ave.