Gulliver's

Recent Reviews for Gulliver's
October 17, 2007
Larry M.
California
I don't normally complain about service and/or food but I must say that we had a terrible experience at the San Francisco Gulliver's adjacent to the SF airport. I had decided to take my girlfriend there for her birthday and, as it turned out, would have been hard pressed to pick a worse place. The all around experience was sub par if not downright bad. We were seated fairly quickly as it was not busy but were provided with dirty, greasy, stained menus. The booth we were seated in was cramped and the table had to be moved to the side in order for either one of us to enter or exit (we are not large people). We each ordered a beer and a shot to start with and only received our shots, we had to ask twice over a 10 minute period for the beers. We placed our food orders at 8:35, one petite prime rib and one New York steak. The prime rib came with a dinner salad which did arrive fairly quickly but was pretty bad. It was all lettuce with one small slice of tomato and a slice of hard ... more
May 25, 2005
Lori W.
Antioch , California
Every year we have our company luncheon here. They always treat us very well and the guys never complain about the prime rib. Hearty portions, cooked to order and the cream corn is out of this world. A great place on the peninsula to go for Prime Rib.
May 26, 1999
My wife and I went down for dinner with a friend who was stayingin a nearby hotel on a business trip. We all agreed that the tripto this restaurant was a big mistake. We had chosen it because itwas convenient for our friend and the restaurant claims they serve good beef. We won't be back.
June 18, 1998
I have been to Gulliver's on several occasions. Their salads are very good and are many times hand-tossed with your dressing at the table. The soups are excellent, and are served hot at the table in a copper pot. The clam chowder is one of best I've had on the west coast. They serve good quality sour-dough and many times my boyfriend and I just get soup and salad. The seafood entrees vary in quality. I've had the halibut, it was very good. Another time I had mixed seafood in a creme sauce, which was too much. The creme was overbearing. I don't recommend it. I have also had the honey pork chops with mashed potatoes. They were excellent. Most of the entrees are served with asparagus when it is in season. All of the accompanying vegetables are well-prepared and high quality. My boyfriend has enjoyed the filet mignon many times and the prime rib. The yorkshire pudding was pretty good and the cremed spinach fair. The best prime rib is at the House of Prime Rib in San Francisco ... more
June 22, 1997
Gulliver's is the best place in SM County for prime rib! It is very tender, succulent, and flavorful; I especially recommend the thinly sliced English Cut. The prime rib is served with velvety creamed corn and a delightful yorkshire pudding. the other dishes ranges from very good to superb, but the prime rib is always flawless! In addition, I found the servers to be quite friendly, attentive, and witty. The ambience is extremely comfortable, with a harmoniously eclectic English decor and warm, romantic lighting. Excellent for any occasion---birthday, date, leisure, etc., for it fills up at evening but never grows obnoxiously loud.
May 31, 1997
William C.
The idea seems to be to try to transport diners back to "Merrye Olde England." It doesn't work, in spite of the decor and the "buxom serving wenches." One thing they seem to relish in is their creamed spinach. Unfortunately, it tastes as if it came from a can. It's probably a good change of pace within close walking distance for the folks staying at the hotel across the street. Beyond that, it is not worth a visit.