Shalimar Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Shalimar Restaurant
January 20, 2006
N Z.
Portland , Oregon
Greasy curries have a lot of flavor once you drain off some of the fat. Very divish place with cheap prices. Naan is some of the better stuff around.
November 28, 2005
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
This is a good place to go if you like spicy, cheap, good, crowded places. Whatever you eat, it is worth.kinda like fast food style, you pick up your napkins and fork, water. I like this restaurant.
May 5, 2004
This place is a dive but offers the best Pakistani, down home cooking I know of in the bay area. I love the currys, saag and kabobs. I know one reviewer found it greasy..however greasy IS traditional pakistani food...the Nan rock too! I took my parents to this place and my mom, a great cook herself and picky about desi food, loved it.
December 7, 2003
Ali D.
SAN FRANCISCO , California
best place to go if u like spicy, cheap, good, crowded places.whatever u eat, it is worth.kinda like fast food style(u pick up your napkins and fork, water...).i love this restaurant
October 29, 2001
Excellent food and Tea (all you can drink.) A place I would recommend to come in a check out for an exquisite visit!
September 14, 2000
The best food in California. Chicken Tikkah and Gulfaraze is my favorite. Hardly recommended.
September 14, 2000
The best food in California. Chicken Tikkah and Gulfaraze is my favorite. Highly recommended.
July 8, 2000
Mehboob K.
manchester , Rhode Island
Nice food, but very busy atmospher, need to push your weight to get around to being served.
April 24, 2000
Amitabh S.
Great Pakistani food! Don't go for the service or the atmosphere. Vegetarian is clearly not as good as the chicken or lamb. Meat dishes are the best; especially any lamb done Tandoori or curry style. Best option is to place an order for pick-up. Wait is often long; a sign of a great place to eat.
May 12, 1999
William C.
I am entering this review only to revise my prior numerical rating. When I entered the first one I did not understand therating system. This place is top-notch for food. The location isnot great and the ambiance is hustle-bustle. But the food ---fine!