The Cakery

April 4, 2008
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
Went here last week to try some samples of wedding cakes for my daughter's wedding. They were ok. Not exceptional. The cake itself had no flavor, but the fillings were good, but again, not exceptional. We will not be getting out cake from this bakery. While we were there, for about an hour, not another person came into this bakery. I think that says something.
November 26, 2006
EXTRAORDINARY! I have worked with many cake vendors over 20 years, and have to admit the CAKERY in Burlingame is still on my TOP TEN LIST! Just wonderful, worth setting up an appointment. www.whatasplendidwedding.com
March 28, 2000
Alice L.
This is my best friend's favorite cake place; therefore, I ordered a Teramisu on her birthday and it was great!! Beautiful decoration with delicious taste! Can't say better for their chocolate products. Most of the cakes are very decorative so the price is fair when you compare it with downtown's prestige bakery store. It is a must try for the Bay Area people.
January 28, 2000
Martina Y.
we got our wedding cake there and got so many complements. the owners were the original Schubert's Bakery in SF. we had a white cake with mango cream filling and chocolate cake with raspberry filling all with buttercream frosting. deeelicious!
November 18, 1997
Kathryn D.
Yes, a truly superb bakery with wonderful cakes. However, unlike the cake department in Draeger's in San Mateo, the ingredients are not listed for each item. I am allergic to coconut and the wonderful carrot cake was full of coconut. At least my husband got to enjoy it.
May 26, 1997
The Cakery is a wonderful delight, not only in pastries and cakes, but in artistic atmosphere as well. The cakes are works of arts, not only to the eyes, but to the taste as well. The design of the Cakery itself is beautifully European. The cherub mural is simply gorgeous. If you haven't experienced the Cakery, it is a must You will not be disappointed, I wasn't. Our wedding cake was divine!!!! I couldn't have been happier!!!!
January 4, 1997
Robert M.
The Cakery...an elegant bakery. Creating the finest wedding cakes, European cakes, tortes and pastries that the San Francisco Peninsula has to offer. The Cakery...a touch of Europe!