Creo La.

4.0/5.0

344 El Camino Real

San Carlos, CA

Category: Cajun

Recent Reviews for Creo La.
November 18, 2008
J T.
Alaska
Nice place, the seafood is very good..not too expensive eather. shrimp cocktail is excellent
November 9, 2008
Hay C.
shtown , Montana
Atmosphere: None Food: Great. I agree with the reviewer who compared it to the San Francisco Hunan. The meat is excellent.
May 5, 2007
John B.
fall river , Massachusetts
Ihad to wait a while but the blackened fish was superb! Clean restrooms and a froendly staff made it worthh the wait!
May 17, 2004
Gianni F.
san francisco , California
this is one of our favorite restaurants in San Francisco. My wife and I think it is better than some other well-known and very expensive restaurants we have been to in SF. We are always pleased when we go there. We think the SF Chronicle reviewers don't rate it high enough.
October 30, 2002
John C.
The best Creole food we've found in the Bay Area, and one of the better restaurants of any kind on the Peninsula. Their Cajun entrees are very well prepared from authentic ingredients such as tasso ham and real redfish. The red beans and rice, jambalaya, blackened catfish and Shrimp Clemenceau are standouts, but all entrees are well prepared and tasty. The pork chops are a frequent special -- at $18 they aren't cheap, but they're worth the price, trust me! Soups are delicious. Heck, even the roast chicken is good at CreoLa. Atmosphere is quiet and intimate, with white tablecloths and candles on the table at dinner. Casual dress. Service is friendly and generally quick. It's small, so reserve ahead, particularly on Fri/Sat/Sun, or you may not get in. Dessert list is small but top quality, all prepared there in the kitchen, with custard-style bread pudding and Louisiana beignets (sp?) our favorites, but the pecan pie is close behind. Adequate wine list ... more
February 13, 2002
DOUG M.
BELMONT , California
Consistently great food good service.The slightly blackned drum fish was great as well as the jambaylaya.Try the bread pudding for dessert
September 8, 2000
I had a great experience with Creo La, only problem is lack of seating, so be sure and call ahead for reservations.
June 18, 2000
Richard L.
San Rafael , California
We really enjoyed this place. Simple atmosphere, good service and interesting menu for something different expecially in this area. We just got back from New Orleans and I preferred the food here to there if that says anything.
June 10, 2000
Jerry O.
I happened to discover this restaurant for lunch and it was fantastic. I agree with other reviewers it reminded me of the creole/cajun food of Louisiana. Have not tried them for dinner but the lunch menu was excellent and the portions were substantial and very flavorfull. The red beans and rice with the Andoulie sausage were exceptional and authentic. Looking forward to dinner. The only down side I found is that it is only open for lunch on Wednesdays.
May 10, 2000
Sarah
San Mateo , California
I think the food is fantastic! I especially enjoy the way they get specials with exotic things like aligator. Dinners there are always interesting and special. My husband and I went there for valentine's day once and they had the most spectacular valentines dinner menu. The included dessert was a flour-less chocolate cake and was so over-the-top rich. Great food!!! I highly recommend it. I personally don't find the portions too small either, usually I can't finish what I order, and I'm a slightly bigger than average woman.
1 | 2 | 3  Next >