Great Vegi Land

Sunnyvale, CA

Category: Vegetarian

Recent Reviews for Great Vegi Land
April 20, 2003
Very good food and excellent service! The lady who seems to run the whole show is very attentive and so so nice! It looks like a whole in the wall from the outside in this little run down crappy minimall, but it's really a little hidden jem of a restaurant. The Hot & Sour Soup kicks butt! I have to get it mildly spicy because if not it's just too damn spicy! The veggi dumplings (pot stickers) are good and the spring rolls are really good. Not a good beverage selection at all. They do not have plain white rice which sucks because I can't stand brown rice and they add something to it sometimes that tastes like menthol which is just horrid so I never order the rice anymore. The dishes are good. I have had the orange beef which is a bit too soft and not orangy, the kung pao chicken which was just ok and a few other dishes. I recommend their appetizers and soups the most. The dishes are so so. If you want excellent main dishes go to Vegetarian House, but for ... more
August 3, 2000
R S.
sunnyvale , California
Nice place. Really lovable food. The Orange beef is definately the dish everyone should try! Every week I have the habbit of visiting this rest.
May 19, 2000
Deb L.
Sunnyvale , California
This place is great! They have some great lunch items and I like to come with a few co-workers so we can share them. They give you a lot of food for the money. All the dishes are very tasty.
June 19, 1998
Contrary to the last comment, I found the service to be quite good.. any more so and it would have been too rushed. The lemon chicken was good, but what really impressed me were their vegetable dumplings.. absolutely wonderful and plentiful! They have also mastered a vegetarian Chinese clear broth, which brought back the enjoyment of wonton soup for me, while my girlfriend loved it as the basis for seaweed and tofu soup. Bring your friends and help keep this hidden jewel alive!
January 14, 1998
The service really sucks, but the food makes up for it. I don't know how they stay in business, but I'm glad they do! The Hot and Sour Soup rules, as does the Lemon Chicken. Try it, Carnivores!
October 4, 1997
Gary M.
Food is very tasty and nicely prepared. Potionas are adequate and relatively priced. Lunch is the best value because egg roll and soup are included. I really like the country tofu stew and the shredded pork. Store is located in a stip mall off the beaten path but is worth finding.
November 23, 1996
Ron C.
A GREAT "find"! I liked the "Orange Beef" best, made totally mild. It actually tastes like delicious pot roast! Fried Rice great too. I'll be going back to try more dishes!
November 6, 1996
Kelly C.
They have a great lunch specials menu, with most entrees under $5.00. The dishes are all vegetarian/ asian, with meat substitutes. The lunch specials include spring roll, soup, and rice.