Scoma's

Recent Reviews for Scoma's
January 27, 2010
Hay C.
shtown , Montana
Well I thought this place was pretty good, there was a party there when we came in and that looked like it would be a great time. So if your with a large group or throwing some kind of party, this is the place.
February 18, 2009
Isuara D.
Bay Area , California
Scoma's is an institution in the city. The food is reliable and basic. Good for parties or taking vistors so you can still do the tourist thing.
May 3, 2007
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
Have been going to Scoma's for about 30 years and I have never been disappointed. It's a bit pricey, but the quality of the food is excellent. They have the best deal in town for a great seafood lunch, but if you want you can have a steak too. For $21 you get fresh fresh frenchbread and breaksticks, a choice of a ceasar salad or clam chowder, 4 or 5 entrees, but I always have the small(very large!) crab salad with chunks and chunks of fresh crab and the chef's dessert, which more often than not has been this delicious slice (small, but you are full by this time) of a chocolate fudgey torte. The lunch is excellent, they have plenty of valet parking at lunch time and it's worth the drive to the Wharf. Weekends can get very crowded, so I stay away then.
November 7, 2005
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Exellent food and atmosphere.scoma's is not what I would call a "specail occasion" dining venu. However, it is a great place for good food.
July 11, 2004
Costa D.
New York , New York
A nice place to dine, nothing hugely special, not a venue for a special occasion, but a reccomendation nonetheless.
February 17, 2004
Gianni F.
san francisco , California
Exellent food and atmosphere.scoma's is not what I would call a "specail occasion" dining venue; however, it is a great place for goodfood
January 18, 2001
Melissa L.
Nashville , Tennessee
We found this place kind of by accident and it was wonderful. We are planning a trip back and it's already on our schedule to dine here again. I haven't found a travel guide that recommends it or any of the other wonderful finds in San Francisco. Shame that they are missing out but at least I can still get in. Service was wonderful. Attention paid to every detail. All the dishes we ordered were excellent and wonderfully fresh. Clam chowder was the best we had. And the view just tops it off. Definitely a must.
August 14, 2000
DAVID H.
SACRAMENTO , California
Scomas has been here forever and I continue to visit this fine restaurant whenever possible. From most seats you can see the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate Bridge. The views are spectacular. The food is excellent! I've had steak, scallops, halibut, salmon, calamari, and their scrumptuous salads to name a few. oh, and don't miss the crab cakes. If you've never been there, ask for directions. All the locals know Scoma's
July 14, 2000
Dan R.
Redmond , Washington
Don't ever go to the city and not take in lunch or dinner at Scoma's. If your lucky enough to get a window seat you will be there for awhile. The food is wonderfull, the service is great, and the atmosphere is loud but fun. You'll be back...
July 9, 2000
Hank R.
Shawnee , Oklahoma
I love San Francisco and wish that I had to do business there more often. I hate lines...any lines, long or short. But Scoma's is the one restaurant where I will wait in line. First of all they don't take reservations so you give your name upon arrival and wait which can be up to an hour. But it's worth the wait. Located right on the bay, you get a great view. Inside a bit cramped and it can get loud. But tune that out and be prepared for some of the best seafood offerings you'll ever enjoy.