Barn Thai

Recent Reviews for Barn Thai
May 29, 2006
Carpe G.
Sunnyvale , California
We have been eating at this restaurant for over 10 years. It is without a doubt, hands down, one of the most authentic Thai restaurant's in the bay area. My wife is Thai, she and I have traveled many times to Thailand and I have learned to love the "Isan" style cooking. The Barn Thai cooks in that style. If you like it hot, spicy and tasty than this is the place for you. If you like your food a little less spicy just tell the staff and they will cook it to order. The decor of this strip mall restaurant is refreshing and the prices are very reasonable with most dishes under $10. If you are a Thai food lover or new to the cusine this is the place to eat in the south bay.
March 9, 2004
My wife is Thai. We went to this place because of the great reviews it received here. We were both disappointed. The food has a good basic flavor, but it certainly is nothing special. Amarin Thai on Murphy in Sunnyvale is much better. <br> There were items on the menu at Barn Thai that they just didn't have any more, and even though we ordered the food Thai-style hot, it really had no fire at all. The prices are on the high end of average, with no special atmosphere or service to justify it. <br> The shopping center where Barn Thai is located is creepy (at least after dark). There were several people hanging around on the sidewalk, just doing nothing. <br> Overall I can't recommend this place. Drive over to Amarin Thai on Murphy if you want better Thai food.
January 23, 2001
Bart B.
Charlottesville , Virginia
Very enjoyable Thai restaurant smack dab in the middle of a strip mall. When we arrived for lunch around 12:15 PM, the line was out the door and standing outside. Luckily there were no 2 tops in front of us and things seemed to be moving quickly so we waited outside for less than 10 minutes. This place is popular. The hostess was amusing and seemed to be having way to much fun. The staff in general seemed to be having an unusually good time given the rush. The food was excellent. Not the normal, lightly-spiced for American tastes stuff. I had a fish curry and my mouth was on fire (in a good way). We also sample the Thom Ka Gai and it was excellent (and kept my mouth well stoked.) Highly recommend!
July 24, 2000
Robert G.
Sunnyvale , California
Best Thai restaurant in the South Bay. Most of the dishes are true Isan style cusine. All of the staff are Thai and very polite.The decor makes you feel as if you were in a small village restaurant in north east Thailand. The only Thai restaurant in the South Bay with a wine list that beats all other Thai restaurants in the area. For true Thai cusine I highly recommend a visit here.
December 7, 1999
Great soup, and excellent curries. Service is friendly and the prices are reasonable.
April 14, 1997
The best Tom-Kha-Gai soup in the area! We have tried it in many other places and none of them can come close. Nice atmosphere too, clean with fresh flowers on the tables. We go there once a week. The only thing to remember is that they are closed on Saturday and Sunday, which is pretty sad. Also they reopen for dinner at 5pm.
October 2, 1996
Hank W.
Hours: Monday - Saturday 11:00am to 3:00pm Sunday 5:00pm to 9:30pm Wonderful atmosphere, very authentic. Not all dishes are spicy some are quite mild, giving the diner a choice of execelent entrees