Venticello

San Francisco, CA

Category: Italian

Recent Reviews for Venticello
August 29, 1997
This is my favorite Italian restaurant in SF. For the price you pay, you get the best food and service. The focaccia bread is great and so is the eggplant appetizer. The best entre is the veal which has a little sweet taste to it. Order their Chianti wine to go along with the food. Have dessert even if you're full. It is worth it. You definitely need a reservation and call ahead to make sure they aren't running late.
May 22, 1997
Debra A.
A friend recommended this wonderful neighborhood restaurant to us while on a business trip to San Francisco. The six of us were treated royally. Our waiter was very busy but when I commented how much I liked his tie, he took it right off and gave it to me! The food was out-of-this-world. The spicy grilled shrimp(prawns)as an appetizer was great. The tiramisu was the best I have ever had and that is saying something as someone who has lived in Boston most of her life. I will certainly go there again and tell everyone I know to go there too.
November 21, 1996
Sherril S.
This is a great place. Nice atmosphere, very small, great wait staff. Yummy northern italian food.
October 1, 1996
Arthur L.
Excellent spot on Nob Hill - convenient to Masonic Auditorium and Grace Cathedral. Pleasant room on two levels - bar and several tables on upper level, dining on lower level. Tables a bit crowded together - waiters had some difficulty putting dishes down on table next to ours. Somewhat noisy - all hard surfaces.(When will they ever learn about acoustics?!) Food was excellent. Three of us enjoyed everything. Endive salad with raspberries. Calamari salad. Spinach and ricotta filled ravioli. Pork tenderloin. Ahi tuna in a pepper and rosemary crust, seared on the outside, raw in the center. Delish!