Pleasanton House Thai

Recent Reviews for Pleasanton House Thai
October 4, 2006
Bob L.
San Jose , California
Based upon the very good reviews, I had lunch at Pleasanton House Thai. I was not disappointed. Excellent Thai cuisine! Had Yellow Curry and Chicken Basil, portions were generous & attractively plated, served with steamed rice. Service was very good! Will look forward to my next visit!
July 9, 2006
Guy L.
cooper city , Florida
Very good service. Great food. Love the Chai Tea. When I was there it was a little empty, but nice atmosphere. I will go back.
September 22, 2005
My wife and I like this place. We have been here many times and were never disappointed. The service is good and so is the food. It has a nice, friendly, quiet atmosphere. We recommend visiting it.
September 29, 2004
This restaurant is awesome!!! I have been many times a week. The food is very AUTHENTIC Thai food that I 'd never had since I tried other thai restaurants in bay area. Service is excellent, friendly!! Price is reasonable! I recommend red curry and chicken sweet basil YUMMM>>>>>.....
October 11, 2000
This small, family owned and operated Thai restaurant that's just North of downtown Pleasanton (on Main St.) is one of the best kept secrets in the Bay area. It's a little off of the beaten path but it's well worth it to give them a try if you really like good, authentic Thai cooking. Most of their customers seem to be "regulars" who won't go anywhere else for a "fix" of Thai food. You will get greater than average protions for VERY resonable prices. Virtually everything on the menu is just the best Thai you'll find this side of Bangkok. The owners, Osaka and Si-won (not sure about the spelling) are always there cooking, serving and otherwise running the place. I don't have many specific recommendation for dishes because everything I've tried has been delicious but the grilled salmon (wrapped in bannana leaf, with green sauce) is SUPERB!
June 18, 1998
Of all the Thai restaurants I've eaten at, this is one of the best. Friendly service, great food, great price, clean surroundings. Get there early because seating is limited and they don't take reservations! Our company's Friday lunch group prefers Pleasanton House Thai as the restaurant of choice! It is worth the experience.
August 13, 1996
Michael C. B.
A wonderful small Thai restaurant just off the downtown strip. (It's on Main St. at Stanley, just south of the railroad tracks, next to a burrito shop and adjacent to All-Star Pizza.) Pleasanton House is superior to the other two Thai restaurants I know of in the Tri-Valley area (Lux Thai in Pleasanton and Lemon Grass in Livermore); some specialties include: mussels with fresh basil, grilled beef with lime and garlic, duck curry, "butterfly shrimp" (prawns stuffed with crabmeat and egg), plus the usual Thai fare of yum salads, larb, mee krob, pad thai, etc. Credit cards accepted. Beer and wine. Takeout available. Recommended.