Habana Cuba Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Habana Cuba Restaurant
August 7, 2006
Jay M.
Roseville , California
The food was pretty good and so was the service. I had the roasted pork which I really enjoyed. They have a great selection of foriegn sodas including Guarana which I love. It was kind of exspensive for lunch but I wouldn't be opposed to going back.
July 11, 2003
After reading the reviews here, my wife, a friend and I tried Habana before a concert at the HP Pavilion. I noticed one harsh review here among the other good ratings. <br> Our experience at Habana was outstanding. We had no wait at all. Our wait staff was attentive. we never had to ask for more water or tea. The drinks (Mango Tango and a Guava drink I can't recall the name of) were very tasty and refreshing. <br> The soup was great. The broth was tasty and had a hint of spice. It was obvious from the tenderness of the vegetables that this is an all day dish, not a quick preparation. <br> The entrees (Lechón a la Cubana, Rabo Encendido, Bistec Picado ) were fantatstic. The meat was tender and the flavors were wonderful. I recommend the Rabo Encendido. The owner, Jennifer, resommended it to me saying that it was the Chef's specialty. She did not mislead me. The three of us shared the entrees family sty ... more
May 5, 2003
Richard B.
San Jose , California
I’ve eaten at this place several times. The food is always good. Served promptly and prepared well. The decor is nice. There’s a good selection of items (including some good beers), and the crevice is pleasant. I recommend it.
July 2, 2002
Julie M.
Campbell , California
My husband and I enjoyed our dinner here very much. He loved the oxtail, the sauce was good. Dinners come with soup or salad. The salad was extremely fresh and the chicken soup was a large bowl. My chicken breast was good, but not overly unusual. The Cuban beer, something that starts with an H was good and they make one of the best Sangrias I have ever tasted with fresh fruit in tiny cubes floating in it. Service was prompt and friendly. We were too stuffed to try dessert. Lots of unusual menu items. We liked being able to try different things.
March 30, 2002
Ken I.
Castro Valley , California
For this month's birthdays, our office decided to have lunch at Habana Cuba. I had the Lechon a la Cubana (roast pork), which came with white rice and fried plantains. The pork was nice but nothing special. I shared a taste of the sea bass and would definitely like it. I was told the chicken lunch special was good too. Nice restaurant with good service. Nice background music when the remodeling construction workers broke for lunch.
October 31, 2000
Betty N.
California
50 reviews , 3 photos
If you want to try something different and ethnic, definitely give Habana a spin. A little bit over-priced, but worth it. I enjoyed my ox tail and the chicken soup is very tasty. My boyfriend loved his seafood dish. Good, but not great. Then again, how many Cuban restaurants are out there in San Jose?
July 19, 2000
Alex A.
San Jose , California
I really enjoy the atmosphere here. The servers are very friendly and very prompt. The food is delicious. I have never really had any Cuban food before so I have nothing to compare my assessment to, but as far I can tell the food is good and is different from anything else I have ever had. My friend enjoys the vaca frita while I prefer trying something different on the menu everytime I go. The food has a way of filling you up without you realizing it.
May 22, 2000
Micheal A.
san jose , California
oh its one of the best cuban food that there is in here their crocretas are the best and their ropa vieja was good too i go there every time i can and its also a nice romantic place with two floors to eat and very clean and they also have a very good service i recommend it to everyone
October 13, 1999
The most awful service I have ever had. After we ate there the first time, I said "never again!". Unfortunately a year later, I ate there again with the same experience! Dining out here is a 2.5 hour ordeal, waiting, waiting and more waiting. The food was so overshadowed by the bad service that I can't even comment on it.
August 9, 1996
Jaime A.
The most authentic Cuban restaurant in the Bay Area I have been to. (I was born there). Excellent Chilindron (lamb stew), Cuban tamales (very different than the Mexican ones) and Pescado (or Camarones) Enchilados (i.e. Sea Bass or Prawns in a spicy, but not hot, tomato- based sauce. I also love their Cuban black beans (served with many entrees) and their ripe or green fried plantains.