Bijan

Recent Reviews for Bijan
January 3, 2004
Kai S.
Burlington , Vermont
Excellent chocolate cake! Wonderfully creamy and moist. I also enjoy their cookie selection, which is quite large and includes awesome chocolate chunk cookies.
November 30, 2000
Bart B.
Charlottesville , Virginia
The cholate mousse we had wasn't all that good. The pomier was good, coffee tasty and expresso good. I just expected a bit more from this bakery based upon the other reviews here. The atmosphere is strip mall with garish fluorescent lighting. Places like this in New York's little Italy have desserts to die for but this was not up to that standard.
September 28, 2000
D
San Jose , California
Really great desserts! I've tried a few of the cakes and many of the cookies. All have been wonderful - not too heavy or sugary, yet fulfills the sweet tooth. The coffee's good too. A little pricey, but well worth it.
September 24, 2000
The Bijan bakery is a great find! Great croissants and other pastries and the cakes are excellent! I especially like the Tiramisu and the black forest cakes. They will also write a 'happy birthday greating by using a thin slice of white chocolate and writing in icing on it, then placing it on top of the cake. Beautiful and tasty, too! You will definitely be pleased with their special cakes!
July 12, 2000
This is my favorite bakery and my favorite lunch-time deli. From the beautiful pieces of art they call desserts and wedding cakes (You HAVE to see them) to the tasty little dessert mouses for one (that are beautiful). Cookies, pies, pastries- I have never been disappointed. I bought all my dessert for Thanksgiving there and buy cakes and desserts for work there often. They also make great sandwhiches for lunch. Their younger counter service staff are not intelligent, but their upper management won't let anything go wrong with customer service. Their smoothies are less then perfect too. Overall- the BEST bakery around. A wonderful find hidden away in a strip mall.
July 12, 2000
June 16, 1996
Kate W.
Everything Bijan makes is wonderful. Pastries for morning meetings, terrific cakes for special occasions...I can't say enough about this bakery. I think Bijan is one of the best kept secrets of the south bay. Bijan's cakes need note of their own. If you're having a casual dinner party, try the Tiramisu. (Not even North Beach could rival Bijan's Tiramisu.) If you're planning a special occasion (graduation, wedding, shower), Bijan can create the cake of your dreams. Absolutely amazing.