La Rotonda

Redwood City, CA

Category: Seafood

Recent Reviews for La Rotonda
June 8, 1997
I'm beginning to get the idea. When you go to a resturant and no one is in charge, get out as fast as you can. We waited along with several other customers seated at different tables for a waiter to appear. One did after almost 30 minutes. We got our drink 15 minutes after our order was taken and very very shortly thereafter our meal arrived. Could have sold another drink but no time to drink and eat. The decor of this place is very nice with a view to go along with it. The food and drink were good also. But feel uncomfortable enough with the "management" to stay away.
December 5, 1996
Kevin O.
Had dinner here on one of their special dinner nights. Was not all that impressed. Granted, it was decent food for a decent price that evening, but I would not have thought so if we had paid full price. As this is where Clark's By the Bay was, the views from almost any seat are worth the drive out Seaport Blvd. For me, there are better italian restaurants closer to home that I much prefer. One more note, My wife commented that the restaurant seemed quite full of elderly people, while ourselves and a neighbor who happened to be there the same evening were among the few younger people around (and I'm 46!)
June 16, 1996
David R.
Took the spot that used to be Clark's By The Bay. I was going to Clark's and wound up finding that they were gone and a new place was there. So I decided to go in. Excellent, actually. The appetizers were good, the selections for entrees were exceptional. And the preparation was wonderful in all regards. Good wine list. Good Martinis. A few drawbacks. No dinner served on Sundays, and it's not all that easy to get to if you don't know where you're going.