Sato

November 13, 2006
Bill Y.
San Leandro , California
140 reviews , 2 photos
Seems like people haven't been happy with Sato's in the last few years...from my perspective, things must have changed recently. First I've eaten Lunch here about 4 times in the last month. The food has been consistantly fresh and very well prepared. I have tried other nearby Sushi restaurant's and none are of the same quality and atmosphere. I give the Sushi chef credit for the quality and presentation of the food...and I suggest that others who may have tried Sato in the past, do so again...you may be pleasantly surprised.
April 7, 2006
Shitty. made me sick.
March 25, 2002
This place was probably good back in it's day, but when I walked in I felt like an alien from mars. Nobody was there and it took the owner 10 minutes to acknowledge we were there, once they did and had someone seat us they never came back to serve us! After we sat for about 20 minutes of waiting the owner walked to a new table of people that showed up after us and helped them, totally ignoring us. I feel there must have been a little racism in the air! We are paying customers and make good money, so we left and went to Shun Japanese Bistro, which blew this place away!
November 24, 1999
Carol L.
This is a little nice, closey restaurant in Pleasentan. The dinner portion is quite big in a reasonable price range. Some of my friends ordered a Teriyaki Beef dinner with tuna Sashimi there were about 8 to 10 pieces of big tuna sashimi, which is like a lunch entree by itself. Other sushi is very fresh and tasty. I heard that they don't take reservation, but I was able to reserve a table for 10 - 13 people.
July 19, 1999
Sato remains one of our favorite restaurants in the valley. I love their sushi, and the miso and salad are great, love the ginger dressing on the salad. It is a small restaurant, and the atmosphere is usually quiet. It hasn't changed a bit since we started going there in 1992. I recommend Sato to anyone looking for good Japanese cuisine in the valley.
October 1, 1997
We had lunch there with a colleague and everything was top notch. The service was quick and unobtrusive. We had a lunch special ($10/person incl. tax and tip) which was vegetables, tempura, california roll (sushi) and teriyaki chicken. All lunch entrees come with rice and miso soup. The soup was a delight. It was spiced just right and I wish I had a few bowls more of it. The chicken and sushi were excellent too and the fried vegetables dipped in soy sauce helped. Nothing short of 5 stars, especially given the price range!
October 7, 1996
Sato's has excellent sushi - the best and freshest fish of any Japanese restaurant we have tried. We have been there many times over the last 10 years and have never been disappointed.My first husband says that this is the best sushi he has had outside of Japan.
June 14, 1996
Laura S.
This is absolutely the best Japanese food in the Tri-Valley area! The atmosphere is quiet, intimate, can be romantic. Servers are Japanese, from Japan, as are Sushi chefs and owner. Large selection on menu, and sushi is very fresh. Everyone I know that has dined there loves it.