La Maison

Castro Valley, CA

Category: French

Recent Reviews for La Maison
January 6, 1997
The food was overpriced and we were underfed and the quality was not that good. Service was undesirable. It doesn't belong in Castro Valley or any other planet!
October 20, 1996
Although the food was relatively good, the poor service outweighed any enjoyment I received from the food. They ran out of serveral items (salad!) we ordered from the menu. There was about a 25-40 min delay between each course. The waitress didn't check on us between the wait and didn't offer any excuses when we were finally served. To top off the 3 1/2 hour meal, I had coffee spilt on me and did not get anything but a "opps, sorry." This place definitely needs to improve on its customer service.
May 5, 1996
This is a new French restaurant in Castro Valley. At the time of this writing it had been open for two weeks. The owner/chef, Daniel, is a veteran French chef and restaurant owner who goes out of his way to prepare outstanding French cuisine which is attractively presented. A very nice choice of appetizers, entres, desserts and excellent French wines (California wines too). Meals are served with soup or salad and *warm* French bread. I would suggest reservations as Daniel has a sizeable following of faithfull diners.