Balzac Bistro

Category: Bistro

Recent Reviews for Balzac Bistro
September 4, 1997
Marc R.
The nicest wine bar I have ever been to ( keep in mind I have never been to France ). They usually have about 20 wines / ports to choose from by the glass, at reasonable prices. I have never had dinner there, but always get 1-3 appetizers, usually a pate, and whatever special they happen to have, The appetizers aren't remarkable, but they are good, and go very well with their wines.
December 19, 1996
Bill Y.
San Leandro , California
140 reviews , 2 photos
My favorite restaurant in Capitola. The menu is classic French as the name implies. I love the lamb chops and have had a number of different fresh seafood specials. The salads are fresh, the soups are inspired (I had a great cream of Artichoke) and my wife loves their desserts. The dining rooms are upstairs and reminiscent of a French country cottage. This is intimate dining without the grand entrance or setting of the Shadowbrook, but also without the crowds and priced at the lower end of the $15-25 average entree price. They have and adequate selection of wines and a great bar downstairs where the locals tend to congregate.
April 12, 1996
Philip B.
Great wine list, and a good selection of wines by the glass. The chicken with tarragon entree I had was OK, the sauce was excellent, and the risotto it was served on was wonderful, but the chicken itself could have been a little better. Overall, good value, nice atmosphere, good service, and wonderful wine list.