Spiedo

San Mateo, CA

Category: Californian

Recent Reviews for Spiedo
January 15, 2003
Absolutely my favorite Peninsula Restaurant. Good food, reasonable prices, excellent service. Seafood always cooked to my liking and portions are generous. I never feel rushed!
July 10, 2000
m23378
san francisco , California
I have eaten everything on their menu. If you are looking for a very good meal for a reasonable price, I would highly recommend this restaurant. I found the service to be equally good. The carpacio is smashing with their special oil. Give it a shot.
June 14, 2000
Robyn G.
I am surprised that people have said that this restaurant has a price range of $10-$15 and I would strongly disagree. The service was pleasent and stuffy, just the way I like it. I had an excellent rabbit there. However, on Valentine's Day a few years ago, I had made reservations for 8:00pm about a month before. When we arrived that evening at about 7:45, there were people pouring onto the street from the restaurant. When I fought my way up to the hostess she explained that they were about 45 minutes behind. Then when I spoke to a lady in line, she said that she had been there for an hour and also had reservations. I thought that was really tacky of Spiedo, as they way overbooked. I was very dissapointed and have not returned since. Thanks! Robyn
March 12, 2000
S
Dined here three times. Each time, the food was absolutely excellent, and the staff was extremely friendly.
June 13, 1996
The food is on the average side, portion is a bit small if you order the pasta dishes. The waiter insisted that we should try the 'fabuleous' special dessert. It only turned out to be average. Beef sirlion was actually surprisingly good.
March 6, 1996
Solid find in San Mateo. Prices are reasonable for good food. Unfortunately, the decor takes a little away from the atmosphere - which is friendly and casual. Decent to good wine list.