Viet Hung

Recent Reviews for Viet Hung
January 13, 2010
Victor S.
portland , Maine
I travel alot and love to try new restaraunts in new areas..particularly ethnic food. this one is a winner! this place is good choice for viatnamese food. friendly personal serving large portions, nice interior decoration, and last, but not least, really tasty (the food, not the restaurant).
September 5, 2005
This place was delicious, I used to go once or twice a week. As far as service being nonexistent, I don't agree - because my family andI were such regular customers we would always be warmly welcomed, served in a timely fashion, etc. Unfortunately, the restaurant has come under new ownership and is now a "pan-Asian cuisine, " with no Viet dishes on the menu.
July 11, 2002
Chewy B.
Mountain View , California
Had pho...#23 during lunchtime. Tasted fine. Not too greasy, but not that many beef slices. The iced coffee was tasty but not very strong. The restaurant is small and pretty clean. The service is SLOW, but not unkind. I just about finished my bowl of noodles before the guy sitting to my right received a menu. I will try a rice dish next time. Also, the spring rolls looked very generous.
June 9, 2001
Jerry M.
San Mateo , California
Concur with statements below. However, Saigon City, also in San Mateo is better.
January 21, 2001
Claire
Burlingame , California
True, the service was very bad, but if you expect it, it's not as bad. The food definitely makes up for it. We had Pho Tai (beef noodle soup) and Com Thit Nuong (#77 BBQ pork over rice). Soup was equal or better to Saigon City, but the BBQ pork was much better. Prices are about the same. It's near the West corner of 25th Ave.
June 22, 2000
Sarah
San Mateo , California
He's right the service does not exist; however, the food is fantastic. Some of the best Vietnamese food to be found outside of San Jose or the tenderloin! I first fell in love with Vietnamese food when I was 17, and going to school in SF, and the closest restaurants were such. I ate it everyday for a year and loved every bite. VietHung excels at their bun as well as their appetizers.
May 8, 2000
Brian B.
Mountain View , California
This place is closed on Monday's. The service does not excist. The rice plates are great.