Jil's Patisserie

Burlingame, CA

Category: Bakery

Recent Reviews for Jil's Patisserie
June 22, 1997
For me, Jil's has become a morning ritual, as important as taking a shower, getting dressed, etc. The service is always bright and friendly, and there is a mindboggling selection of unique pastries, tarts, petit fours, cakes, etc. as well as espresso and a wall of gourmet imports. Located in the dull and lifeless Burlingame Plaza, Jil's adds a touch of elegance and European comfort to its surroundings. With classical music in the background, it is always an excellent place to relax for a while, or a fast and convenient stop if you're in a hurry. I am particularly partial to the chocolate croissants, uncommonly made in the traditional Parisian fashion, but there is something to offer here for every taste!
February 2, 1997
Sahbreenah M.
MMMMM... This place used to be located in Colma's Metro Centre. As a treat I'd take my little brother there for a miniature version of their marvelous cappuccino cake, which is light and airy and incredibly lovely to boot. One day we went up to metro center to have a little nibble of something and it was gone, much our dismay... A couple of years later, we saw the same beautiful pastries at Absolut a la carte a la park and went mad with joy. Some excellent pastries to try are the exotique and l'opera. ]