Del Monte Bar and Grill

Url: barg_gif

Category: Grill

Recent Reviews for Del Monte Bar and Grill
June 2, 2003
We stopped going here after we were served moldy bread. If the bread is moldy (which they should serve a lot of) what does that say about the rest of the food. They didn't even care.
September 8, 1997
This is a nice-looking restaurant with a varied menu. My companion enjoyed his 3-tomato pasta but I found my seafood pasta to be uninspired. Our busboy was good but our server (I think it was the owner!) was less so. It took a very long time for salad to arrive for no apparent reason-it was not very busy. We were not offered fresh pepper even though a peppermill was in the room.
November 16, 1996
Michael C. B.
This is, indeed, one of the best-kept secrets in Sunnyvale -- and possibly your best choice among the many restaurants of Murphy Street. The Del Monte is a Continental restaurant with a slight leaning toward California style -- a balanced menu of beef, veal, chicken, and fish, with a number of daily special in the back of the menu. The wine list is not extensive, but seems reasonably well chosen. Service is exceptionally attentive and friendly. Recommended.
June 4, 1996
Del Monte Bar & Grill is probably the best-kept secret in the south bay...excellent food, reasonable prices, attentive service, a fairly good wine list, a pleasant atmosphere, and almost immediate seating. I'd rather keep it just the way it is however I felt that I _had_ to set the record straight in light of the previous review. (It's not been discovered yet by many people, and it's not much publicized.) I've had both large-ish group lunches as well as intimate romantic dinners here and both worked well, with consistently good food and service. I highly recommend the prime rib (BTW it's only $10), and the seafood crepes, and definitely the Grand Marnier souffle. But, if you like waiting in long lines to eat mediocre, over-priced food in a trendy restaurant, don't go here ;-)