Suriya Thai Restaurant

San Francisco, CA

Category: Thai

Recent Reviews for Suriya Thai Restaurant
February 14, 2006
This is the best Thai restaurant in the city for a few items. The green curry, the thai crepe, the pumkin curry, lemongrass chicken and the homemade noodles and broccoli with peanut sauce. Every restaurant has their signature dishes and the above mentioned are Suriya's. If you stick with them you won't go anywhere else for them. But please don't tell your friends I don't want it any more crowded then it already is.
December 6, 2005
Ate at Suriya for the first time last month, and it will probably be my last. Neighborhood bordering on seedy, and parking was awful. Service was impeccable, and they even gave us a free appetizer for the long wait. Unfortunately, the food was average, and one of the dishes (Evil Jungle Prince) was plain awful -- whatever exotic spices they used made the dish taste like you were licking an ashtray. The place has a good reputation; however, I've eaten at many Thai restaurants in the Bay Area, and I know there are much better ones.
June 16, 2000
I enjoyed the food! And I also enjoyed the service was good! I throughly enjoyed the people that were great Thanks for the review!
June 2, 2000
Kristo T.
San Francisco , California
Nice restaurant although the tables are a bit small and often crowded in there. However the staff is very pleasant and it's worth going. They have a good selection of wine and some awsome fish. Price is quite reasonable besides that.
April 15, 1998
This is by the far the best Thai food I have had in San Francisco (And I'm a native!) Very creative ingredients and preparation (pumpkin curry, for example), friendly service, and a fairly nice atmopshere. Dessert is wonderful as well. You must try this restaurant!
January 9, 1998
Diaz N.
I am a great fan of Thai food and have tried it at several restaurants and this is the BEST I've had. I just discovered the place walking by and have been back several times. The service is a little slow, but worth the wait. Some dishes to try are: 1) Trout baked in a leaf (not the exact name) 2) Satay 3) Tom Yum Khai soup 4) Egg rolls All the food was excellent. Wish they had a good wine list to go with the food. Absolutely a must try for Thai food fans. I don't believe they take credit cards, so make sure you carry cash.
January 5, 1997
Redwood K.
Best that I've found in the Bay Area since Sam's in Oakland closed a few years ago. Anybody know what happened to Sam?
November 8, 1996
Todd F.
Absolutely the best Thai food I've eaten. Consistently wonderful entrees and always some very creative and interesting specials that are as yummy as they sound. An excellent value, too, especially for San Francisco. You must try this restaurant!
February 8, 1996
Good, inexpensive Thai food. Nice atmosphere and service. Large portions of Tom Kha soup!