Cafe Esin

3.3/5.0

2416 San Ramon Valley Blvd.

San Ramon, CA

Category: Bistro

Recent Reviews for Cafe Esin
April 21, 2007
Kristina L.
Dublin , California
Enjoyed dinner last night. Only one complaint, and it's a small one. I ordered the Pork Chop w/ Whipped Sweet Potatoes. I received the runniest regular mashed potatoes I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. The chop was perfection as was the relish that was served with it. The waitstaff is fantastic. The restaurant is beautiful since the remodel. Will definitely return.
February 13, 2005
Michael G.
Walnut Creek , California
The food here was good, but shy of great. The prices are very fair. The service, the three times I have been there, was a little spotty. Very good at times (pleasant and friendly) , but inattentive in filling waters or forgetting items. The atmosphere is outstanding for a simple relaxed and pleasant feel, with excellent lighting. The appetizers and entrees were good, but not very exciting. I would really give this 3-1/2 stars if I could. <br> For me, this place, while good, did not live up to the really outstanding reviews and recommendations I received about the place. Maybe I have just been unlucky. My guess is the simplicity of the dishes is something other people like more than we do. It is worth a try, then you can decide for yourself!
February 18, 2001
Joan F.
Danville , California
My husband and I have eaten here many times. We "discovered" them when the fare for the price was unbelievable. Recently, they have moved next door and the prices seem to have gone up with the move. The food has always been excellent and well worth finding them in this little strip mall in San Ramon. Esin is from the Mediterranean and her hand is always obvious. Just about everything we have selected there has been at least good, if not better. The desserts, especially the fruit compotes and cobblers, are truly memorable. The service is also excellent, although we miss the waiter who brought us into the restaurant. I don't know his name, but his bantering with the clientele was topnotch. Joan Field
February 8, 2000
Brian M.
My ratings are based on the value for the money. Cafe Esin is at the very top of my list. These folks know how to cook. Their fish is alway excellent. If they had a sexier address and a more plush dining room you coild not get in. Deserts are fantastic. Maybe the best waiter in the bay area for fun and talent.
December 29, 1999
This little place is outstanding... I've have whorse food in SF and paid 3 times the amount ... if fact, if Cafe Esin were in the City it would be being writen up all over the place! The chef knows how to cook and is not afraid to season his food. Probably the best value in Northern California is the offering of "Chef's Menu" (given verbally by the waiter) includes: salad, entree, desert, and a glass of wine $20.00 ! How do they do it? Go to this restaurant ... it's the type of place we really want to support. I've been here several times with some notable palates ... we've never been disappointed.