Gary Danko

4.4/5.0

800 North Point (at Hyde)

San Francisco, CA

749-2060

Category: Californian

Recent Reviews for Gary Danko
June 2, 2007
B W.
California
A great fine dining experience. It was pricey but well worth it. The food and service were nearly perfect.
April 3, 2007
Hiten S.
Watertown , New York
Perfection. Expensive but perfect. YTou get what you pay for, usually. Perfect: food, service and atmosphere. Perfect
March 17, 2007
Haute C.
San Francisco , California
A special dining experience. I ordered the 3 course, and my wife had the 4. We split the cheese plate. The stuffed quail was out of this world. The service was the best anywhere. It will hard to top this place.
September 14, 2006
N Z.
Portland , Oregon
One of the best fine dining deals in the country. You get a meal that would cost $125 and up elsewhere and the food is superb. My one complaint is that it's at a busy intersection and whenever the door opens there's a lot of noise. But service and food is terrific. Ask for a tour of the kitchen.
July 15, 2006
Angel G.
Watertown , New York
Excllent restaurant experience! Gary Danko ranks at the tip top of a very select group of exciting San Francisco restuarants.
November 15, 2005
Fantastic. Worth the price and wait for a reservation. Go with the chef's tasting or 5 course. Seafood is always a winner!
November 11, 2005
Mike S.
oak park , Illinois
The restaurant was very professional in calling us 2 days prior to our reservation to confirm and I was certainly encouraged when they mentioned that they knew we were coming for our anniversary. I again asked for a quiet spot and they were very understanding.
November 7, 2005
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Very elegant dining experience. Our service was ok, I have had better and expected better at such a place, especially paying these prices. The food was good and the atmosphere was nice. Overall, it was very good. I think there are a lot of other establishments that offer a similar experience with better services.
November 17, 2004
Mark H.
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
June 7, 2004
I have dined at Gary Danko's three time - two were excellent, the most recent time, I had a very poor experience. The food was good to great. The service, was lousy. We had wine matched to the food - most of the pairing choices were boring. When I explained that I didn't want a chardonnay that tasted just of oak, I wasn't offered anything else. <br> The biggest let down of the evening was having the cheese cart parked next to our table for ten minutes before being served. <br> I gave it an average becuase it should be at least great for the price and it isn't.
1 | 2 | 3  Next >