Gojo

Recent Reviews for Gojo
May 5, 2007
John B.
fall river , Massachusetts
My ulcer came back the food was so over spiced I will never eat at another ethopian resturant for the rest of my life.
August 2, 2003
Elaine B.
San Jose , California
The atmosphere isn't much, but the staff are very friendly and the food my husband and I had was excellent. I had the key wot/zigni (chopped beef simmered in spicy red pepper and herb butter) and my husband had special kitfo (chopped lean beef seasoned with purified butter and spiced pepper -- he ordered the meat rare). There was a good variety of choices, including poultry, lamb, beef and four vegetarian dishes. All orders come with plenty of injera (spongy flatbread). You can also order a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony. There are also several wines, beers, and soft drinks to choose from. This is a very authentic dining experience and the staff couldn't be nicer.
November 8, 1997
Steve K.
Worst Ethiopian food I've had. (And I've eaten at many.) They have a small menu (only 10 dishes to choose from). I got the meat combination. It includes one chicken leg (doro wot?) very spicy, but the spices were very harsh, indicating that they hadn't been cooked enough. The "chunks of beef/ground beef" dish had a couple of 1/4" chunks of beef, and the rest was very runny ground beef, also with uncooked cardamom. The third dish was a waste. Unfortunately, it was the one with the biggest portion. It consisted of injera, cooked in butter ("beter" on the menu) with garlic and big hunks of lamb fat and lamb bones, served on injera with the other two dishes. Injera, served with big hunks of fat, cooked in more fat, served ON injera, with extra injera on the side. Sure the injera tasted good, but it's essentially sauteed bread served on bread with a side of more bread. To top it off, the waitresses started off surly before we even got seated. There are lots of good Ethiopian rest ... more
June 26, 1997
Great for vegetarians (like me) and omnivores too. It has some of the best Ethiopean entree prices of the area, and it's very tasty too. I like the vegetarian combo. It has just the right amount of spice for me.
April 3, 1996
The food was tasty and authentic. Wasn't able to find any non-spicy dishes. The sour bread (pancake) seems to be the staple for almost all the dishes. I went on a weekday and the place was practically empty. Only 2 tables dining the whole time I was there. No atmosphere, even for a hole- in-the-wall. Friendly waitress.
January 31, 1996
Small, friendly restaurant with very good food. Mostly meat dishes, but the one vegetarian entree is highly recommended and provides a nice variety of flavors all in itself. The food tends to be strongly spiced (though not overly hot) with some interesting but unusual flavors. Even the injera (bread) has a tangy flavor you won't find elsewhere. For some this may be an aquired taste.