George's Giant Hamburger

Recent Reviews for George's Giant Hamburger
November 20, 2007
Sharon D.
Lafayette , California
Decent burger. A bit of a hole in the wall, everything is well worn. Good size burger, good value.
September 12, 2007
JMC G.
Washington , District of Columbia
It is a great place to eat burgers and drink beers. Go and have good time and be relaxing.
March 11, 2007
The bad:Fairly pricy, and fried (as opposed to grilled to lose some of that fat and get a bit of char) burgers. Lousy parking , limited menu, and the decor is about ten years away from being museun worthy. The seats are too close for people who eat this way often. the wedge cut fries are cooked in oil that isn't quiite hot enough so the center isnt fluffy, and the outside is oily. The good: These are big burgers made with good meat, and you would do the fixings this way at home if you could. the best burger in the area is served at barney's.
September 4, 2006
Bobby M.
Sarasota , Florida
I must agree, excellent hamburgers. Clearly the best hamburgers I have tried in Walnut Creek, and one of the best in the area. The good things are: They will actually cook a rare burger; They have an excellent condiment bar with sliced red onion, fresh lettuce and tomatoes, plus both sweet relish (yech) and sliced and quartered dill pickles; They?re grilled onions are wonderful. The down sides: The meat is not quite as excellent as In & Out. The fries are of the frozen, pre-sliced variety, and are thus quite inferior to In & Out; and they are slightly more expensive than In & Out. Overall, since they are closer to me than In & Out, I plan to become a regular of this place. I REALLY like a good burger, and this place provides just that. I love fresh slices of red onion, tomatoes, and pickles on my burger, and they have it all. Best of all the burger was rare. A wonderful little hamburger place.
August 16, 2006
Jim A.
Loja , Northwest Territories
They will actually cook a rare burger; They have an excellent condiment bar with sliced red onion, fresh lettuce and tomatoes, plus both sweet relish (yech) and sliced and quartered dill pickles; They?re grilled onions are wonderful. The down sides: The meat is not quite as excellent as In & Out. The fries are of the frozen, pre-sliced variety, and are thus quite inferior to In & Out; and they are slightly more expensive than In & Out. Overall, since they are closer to me than In & Out, I plan to become a regular of this place. I REALLY like a good burger, and this place provides just that. I love fresh slices of red onion, tomatoes. And health enviroment is cool.
March 26, 2006
Bobby M.
Sarasota , Florida
These are THE best hamburgers in town. Excellent quality meat, and wonderful, fresh hamburger rolls. We've been coming here since the early 80's. George, the owner, just retired, and the new owners promises not to change a thing. So far, he hasn't. Same excellent quality hamburgers for a very reasonable price.
February 11, 2006
Steve T.
Las Vegas , Nevada
The burgers are made to order and they are nice thick and juicy just the way I like it. A bit pricie but worth every penny of it. Try it I know you would love it :), Good prices.
April 28, 2001
Michael G.
Walnut Creek , California
April 12, 2001
Great Hamburgers. One of the best (if not the best) I have ever had. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends.
April 11, 2001
This is the best hamburger joint you will find west of the Mississippi. The beef patties are big and fresh which is uncommon of burger joints now a days. Side note: The chef looks like he?s had one too many hamburgers.