Afghani House

Category: Afghan

Recent Reviews for Afghani House
May 20, 2008
m28500
Hello My name is joy, i saw your profile today and became intrested in you, It give me a great pleassure to write you i will also like to know you more, and if you can send an email to my email address, i will give you my pictures here is my email address (joyand500@yahoo.com) I believe we can move from here! Awaiting for your mail to my email address above joy. (Remeber the distance , colour or age does not matter but love matters alot in life)
July 11, 2005
Tim O.
Sunnyvale , California
Large portions, very tasty, excellent service, very pleasant and interesting atmosphere (it was quiet and no wait on a Sunday evening). My wife and I had Aushak (leek & scallion filled dumplings), Kabob-E-Murgh (chicken kabob), and Afghani House's Dupiaza (basically a rack of lamb Afghan style). This place seemed to be roughly on par with Kabul, another nearby Afghan restaurant.
April 15, 2005
Cristian G.
Genova,Ny,Venice..... , Alaska
A bit of a lenghthy wait but worth the while don't know if it was only because i was hungry but every time i sit there and wait with my stumach rumbling when it finaly comes it doesent even mater how long i waited i was happy to be eating. Good service at a reasonable price, thwese days it's getting all expensive but hey that's the way the cookie crumbles.
March 22, 2002
_____GOOD PART: I've known this place for about 9 years. If you like Afgani food, you won't go wrong with them, one of the best representation of Afgani food in the bay area. _____BAD PART: What ever happened to their staff, I decided not to go there any more because of the extremely rude treatment I received during the last 3 times. Consistently. Even when I prompted the waiter that I would appreciate a little more courtesy, he simply shouted back! Left the place before ordering. Informed the manager by phone but did not hear anytnig that's convincing me to go back again.
December 12, 2001
This restaurant is far superior to Kabul and the portions are very large. The person who said the entrees were small must be a person who consumes more food than the average person. The kabobs are very well done; though on occasion the chicken can be dry. The lamb however is always excellent! The kadu is very, very good as well as all of their appetizers! You can't go wrong with Afghani House. Ambience is a 1000% better than Kabul where the waiters treat you like you better wolf down your food and get out so they can serve more people.
July 3, 2000
Partha C.
Sunnyvale , California
Well, I definitely prefer this place to Kabul ( also in Sunnyvale ). The menu here is slightly more varied, for one; and the cooking more to my taste. However, not being an expert on this cuisine, I cannot say which is more authentic. Try the deserts, especially the divine firni.
June 2, 2000
Amit S.
The ambience is fantastic; however, from a vegetarian's point of view the menu leaves a lot to be desired. The veggie food was about average for the setting and the prices. Plus there's wasn't much variety either. However, our friends who were visiting with us loved the meat preparations. Overall though, I would pass on this place if you eat Vegetarian food. (And yes, there are other better afghani places which serve excellent veggie food).
April 29, 2000
The Food is nice. The rice cooked here is incredible. Whatever youorder, do not miss the dessert "FIRNEE". It is simply superb
November 2, 1999
I have been going here since they opened and have never been disappointed. The food is great and the wine list superior.
July 30, 1998
The food here is incredible. How can such simple food be made so tasty? Try the Mantu appetizer, be sure to get the lamb and chicken kabobs. The tea is also a fascinating blend. You could make a whole meal of the rice here. We bring out of town visitors here as a tourist attraction, and have important business meetings. Never fails - always impressive.